VEGA ONE NUTRITIONAL SHAKE - 876g
Good for your body and the planet, Vega One Nutritional Shake is the clean, plant-based choice to fuel your healthy, active lifestyle—without compromise. Made from natural, whole food ingredients, Vega One is a convenient, all-in-one supplement, packed with:
- 50% daily intake of vitamins and minerals
- 15 g protein, 6 g fibre, 1.5 g Omega-3
- Antioxidants, probiotics, greens
Vega One is free from dairy, gluten and soy, and contains no added sugar, artificial flavours, colors or sweeteners.
Available in Berry, Chocolate, Vanilla Chai and Natural flavour.
Enjoy Vega One shaken with water, juice or a non-dairy beverage of your choice, and as a delicious, nutrient-supplementing addition to your favorite smoothie recipe.
Why Should I Take Vega One Daily?
Start your day strong with the complete daily essentials you need to thrive:
- Cover your key nutrient bases for optimal health
- Provide energy to sustain an active life1
- Help metabolize fats, proteins and carbohydrates2
- Support normal glucose metabolism3
- Develop strong bones and teeth4, and maintain healthy skin and eyes5
- Facilitate proper muscle function6 and repair of connective tissue7
- Promote natural, healthy intestinal flora8
- Help support a healthy immune system9
- One serving of Vega One has between 123 and 141 calories, depending on flavor
- Vitamins: C,B1, B2, B3, B6, B12, Biotin, Folic Acid, Magnesium, Manganese, Zinc, Chromium, Phosphorous
- Vitamin D, C and A, Calcium, Phosphorous, Magnesium
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C, Zinc, Copper
- Probiotics, Inulin
- Vitamin A, Zinc
What Makes Vega One Awesome?
Vega One was formulated by Brendan Brazier, professional Ironman triathlete and bestselling author on performance nutrition. Following the principles outlined in Thrive: the Vegan Nutrition Guide (The Thrive Diet in Canada), Vega One is plant-based, alkaline-forming and includes the following key macro and micro nutrients, and supplements:
15 g Protein
Vega One features our signature, broad-spectrum, plant-based protein blend, with all essential amino acids in ideal balance. Vega One’s Complete Protein Blend includes:
- Pea protein
- SaviSeed (sacha inchi) protein
- Hemp seed protein
- Sprouted whole grain brown rice protein
6 g Fiber
Boasting 24% of your recommended daily value of fiber per serving, Vega One is a delicious way to work both soluble and insoluble fiber into your day. Fiber intake has been shown to help:
- Help maintain normal blood sugar levels1
- Normalize elimination and maintain bowel health1
- Help promote a feeling of fullness and reduce feelings of hunger to help support healthy weight management when combined with exercise and a reduced calorie diet1
Fiber in Vega One is primarily sourced from flax, inulin (fructo-oligosaccharides (FOS)), and pea.
- Mayo Clinic Staff. Mayo Clinic Foundation for Medical Education and Research (2009) Dietary Fiber: Essential for a Healthy Diet. Accessed December 29, 2011 at http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/fiber/NU00033
Low GI Carbohydrates
Vitamin A, Zinc Low glycemic—with an impressively low GI of 19.22—one serving of Vega One is comprised of 26% naturally-occurring complex carbohydrates. Sweetened only with stevia extract, Vega One has no sugar, maltodextrin or sugar-derivatives added.
2 in-vitro test results of the Glycemic Index of Vega One. . (Standard error <5 GI units; standard deviation <3%.)
The Glycemic Index (GI) is a scale of 0 to 100 that ranks carbohydrate-rich foods by how much they raise blood sugar levels after eating. Learn more about the Glycemic Index here: http://www.diabetes.ca/files/glycemicindex_eng.pdf
1.5 g Omega-3
Giving you as much Omega-3 per scoop as 6 oz. of wild chum salmon, Vega One sources its plant-based Omega profile from white chia, whole flax seed (not flax meal) and hemp.
Blueberries are jealous—that’s because a serving of Vega One has as many antioxidants3 as 2.7 cups of them. Plus, each scoop of Vega One showcases 200mg of Vega’s custom 1000 ORAC4 Antioxidant Blend, sourced from some of the most antioxidant-rich fruit in the world, including:
- Maqui, goji and Açaí berries
- Pomegranate seed
- Grape seed extract
3 Vitamin C, E and Selenium
4 umol TE/g
A single, one-scoop serving of Vega One delivers the equivalent of 3 servings of vegetables—largely from our Green Blend, which features:
- Chlorella (cracked cell, high CGF)
- Alfalfa grass
- Spinach leaf
Vitamins & Minerals
Helping you cover your key nutrient bases, a serving of Vega One give you 50% of your daily intake of vitamins and minerals. Premium vitamin and mineral forms such as mineral citrates and calcium ascorbate were chosen to help you get more out of Vega One through better absorption.
With1 billion CFU dairy-free probiotics (lactobacillus acidopholus and Bifidobacterium bifidum), Vega One helps maintain healthy intestinal flora—without a visit to the yogurt aisle.
We want you to get everything you can from a serving of Vega One. That’s why Vega’s Digestive Enzyme blend is added to facilitate the breakdown of nutrients in Vega One during digestion, so more nutrients are available to be absorbed by your body for higher net-gain nutrition.
Rich in amino acids, alkaloids, sterols, vitamins and minerals, 1000 mg of pure, organic, gelatinized maca are included in every serving of Vega One, to help you balance, invigorate, energize and maintain good health.
Part of the Green Blend in Vega One, chlorella is a nutritious, green micro-algae that delivers Chlorella Growth Factor (CGF), chlorophyll, protein, vitamins and minerals to help support immune function5
5 Vitamin A and Beta carotene
Mix one level scoop (or one snack pack) of Vega One Nutritional Shake in 1 to 1.5 cups (250 to 375 mL / 8 to 12 fl oz.) of ice-cold water, juice or non-dairy beverage, shake well and enjoy. Take daily for optimal health.
Also a delicious, nutrient-supplementing addition to your favourite smoothie recipe—just add Vega One, blend and thrive!
Vega One can also be used in recipes to replace a portion of flour for a gluten-free and protein-rich addition to brownies, pancakes and more.
Download the Vega recipe book for more great ideas! (Vega One can be used 1-to-1 in any recipe featuring Vega Whole Food Health Optimizer).
After opening, store in a cool, dry place with lid tightly closed.
Notice to First-Time Users:
As with any positive dietary change, some people may experience temporary, cleansing-type symptoms, including headaches, constipation, diarrhea and nausea when first taking Vega One. To minimize symptoms, start with one-quarter (1/4) of a serving and gradually increase intake over the next few weeks. Be sure to drink plenty of water (at least 8 cups a day) with increased dietary fibre intake.
Cautions and Contraindications:
Consult a health care practitioner prior to use if you are taking blood thinners (due to vitamin K) or if you are pregnant or breastfeeding (due to grape seed extract). People sensitive to niacin may experience mild flushing of the skin. Discontinue use and consult a health care practitioner if you experience the following:
- Hypersensitivity to flaxseed
- Symptoms of digestive upset occur, worsen, or persist beyond 3 days
- Nausea, fever, vomiting, bloody diarrhea or severe abdominal pain
- An immune-compromised condition (e.g., AIDS, lymphoma, patients undergoing long-term corticosteroid treatment
Keep out of reach of children
New Vega One Nutritional Shake ischock-full of the good stuff you want,with absolutely no artificial additives orfillers. With more Omega-3, probiotics,protein, antioxidants and greens, theVega One formula is power-packed foroptimal health.